Discrimination Advice Sessions
If you think you may have been the victim of discrimination our Free Advice Service, provided by Ipswich and Suffolk Council for Racial Equality (ISCRE) may be able to help you. For more information and to book an appointment please call 01473 408111.
Appointments are available on the second Monday of every month at our Norwich office.
What is Discrimination?
Discrimination is when someone…
- is treated worse than others because of who they are
- is harassed because of who they are
- is subject to unnecessary rules and ways of doing things that put them and people like them at a disadvantage
- is punished for complaining about discrimination
- fails to make a reasonable adjustment for a person’s disability
Under the Equality Act 2010 it is illegal to discriminate against someone in certain circumstances due to the following ‘protected characteristics’
Marriage and Civil Partnership
Pregnancy and Maternity
Religion and Belief