Welfare Benefits

Jointly with other advice agencies in the area, we provide an advice and advocacy service for clients with welfare rights issues. We are able to help with all types of benefits including Incapacity Benefit, Employment Support Allowance, Disability Living Allowance, Personal Independence Payment, Attendance Allowance, Housing Benefit/Allowance, Council Tax Benefit, Job Seeker's Allowance, Working Tax Credit, Child Tax Credit, Income Support, Bereavement Benefit and Pension Credit.

If you require assistance please follow the guide below.

I need help applying for a benefit or I need help appealing a decision

If you want to know if you qualify for a benefit or you need help filling out a claim or appeal form, the NCAN Advice Directory (http://www.norfolkcan.org.uk/directory/) lists agencies that will be able to help you.

I have appealed and have received my appeal papers

If you have received an appeal bundle of documents, we may be able to help. We can help you manage your case and we may also be able to help you at your tribunal hearing. Contact us to book an appointment with one of our experienced advisors.

I am an advice agency

We are available to receive referrals for tribunal representation for all benefits, both at first-tier and upper-tribunal level. We can take on any cases that have had the appeal papers posted to the client. Please call us on 01603 496623 or email admin@ncls.co.uk if you think we may be able to help.

If you have a case that has a tribunal hearing scheduled, we may be able to provide representation. Generally at least one week’s notice is required but it may still be possible with shorter notice. We will require the full schedule of evidence and the hearing notification letter.

Big Lottery Fund Norwich City Council Broadland Communities Advice Quality Standard
Money Advice Service South Norfolk Norwich Consolidated Charities University of East Anglia